If you frequently check in with my site or have read any of my task-specific blender recommendation lists, you will have noticed a pattern emerge. I am a huge fan of Vitamix products.
I make no apologies for this. Vitamix is a great brand, and I have never been let down by one of their appliances. Two of my personal favorites are the 5200 and its slightly newer sibling, the 5300.
Vitamix 5200 vs. Vitamix 5300 – Which is Best?
It would be easy for me to say that both these blenders are great and leave it at that. I wouldn’t be fibbing, either. These are two top-of-the range professional-standard appliances that would be at home in any kitchen.
There are some differences, though. With that in mind, in a battle of Vitamix 5200 vs. Vitamix 5300, which model comes out on top? Let’s start with the tale of the tape.
- As the older model, the 5200 may be found cheaper. When comparing the RRP of the two blenders, however, the 5300 is the lower-cost model.
- The 5200 is available in black, red and white colors. The 5300 is only in black or red.
- The Vitamix 5300 has a slightly more powerful motor – 2.2 HP, as opposed to 2.0 on the 5200.
- This extra power gives the 5300 more consistency in when making smoothies, but it’s slightly louder while in operation.
- The 5300 has larger blades, which makes chopping of ingredients a little more efficient.
- The 5200 has a little more basic – and thus more user-friendly – interface. This could be important for a blender novice.
- The 5300 has a pulsing feature, which is lacking from the 5200.
- The 5300 is smaller than 5200, so it’s ideal for smaller kitchens.
- Both of these blenders are covered by a seven-year warranty.
On paper, reading the above, it looks like choosing the Vitamix 5300 is a no-brainer. That is not necessarily the case. There are plenty of reasons to continue to celebrate the 5200, especially if you are working to a lower budget.
Individual Product Reviews
Let’s dig a little deeper into each of these blenders. This should help you choose which model is better suited to your needs.
I have waxed lyrical about how much I adore the Vitamix 5200 for some time now. Frankly, I’ll sing the praises of this appliance to anybody that will listen – and even people that ignore me. Just what is it about this blender that inspires such adoration in me, especially now an upgrade is available?